Welcome! We are a Christian family who cares for elderly individuals in our home. There are so many quotes, stories, and photos that we wanted to share with our precious "Golden Girls'" families, which they could view quicker and could be updated easier on this blog than we would ever have time (and memory!) to share with them personally. We also thought others might enjoy reading and viewing along with the families on this great adventure of their loved ones' golden sunset years. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your visit with us and "The Grandmas"!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Φεβρουάριος (February) I

Afternoons with Mrs. Patty are always so enjoyable!

Mom has been teaching Johanna how to sew, beginning with pajama pants




Her first stitch!

Partially sewn!



Vanessa and I went out to celebrate our birthdays with lunch and a movie

We woke up to a beautiful snowy morning for my birthday :)

Ah, the life

Squishy faces!

I love me some Jorgie Porgie

Sistas

Mom and Johanna took me out to a surprise lunch and the bookstore!

Dad and I

The best parents we've *ever* had :)

Dad and Vanessa

Dad and Johanna

Johanna and Mom at Chipotle!

Thank you for a wonderful birthday lunch

We went to Mardel's afterwards and I spotted this plaque which is so fitting for Dad ;)

Jammin' Johanna

Thumbs up for an unhealthy dinner to start the year off right ;)




Healthy brownies made up for the splurge on dinner




Digging in

Game-time! Mom and Vanessa (and Bella?) vs. Dad, Johanna and I


Figuring out how to draw with her eyes closed...

...I was having trouble figuring out what all those lines made

Trying harder!

Can they guess it?

...oh yeah!

Arm wrestling with Dad is not for the weak of arms ;)

Johanna was my faithful "Dad Vanquisher" :)

Can Johanna really be winning?

Johanna: "It's a piece of cake"

Vanessa tries her hand at it

Dad was pretty tired by then ;)

The happy sewer


Part II coming soon...

No comments: