Welcome! We are a Christian family who cares for elderly individuals in our home. There are so many quotes, stories, and photos that we wanted to share with our precious "Golden Girls'" families, which they could view quicker and could be updated easier on this blog than we would ever have time (and memory!) to share with them personally. We also thought others might enjoy reading and viewing along with the families on this great adventure of their loved ones' golden sunset years. So sit back, relax, and enjoy your visit with us and "The Grandmas"!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Breithlá Sona, Vanessa!

Eighteen years ago today, I received the most beautiful belated birthday gift ever - I became a big sister. From the first time I laid eyes on her and held her in my arms, rocking, squeezing, slobbering all over her {& ultimately sending her to her first hospital visit}, I was beyond amazed and in love with this little sister who I would learn so much from & have so much fun with over the years.

The first time I held her

Bonding time

She was my baby doll - even if she was half my size

It's always better when you have someone to get in the box for you

Carefree days

Letting her ride my tricycle, but making sure she's aware it's still mine

Our very own karaoke party

Staying occupied on grocery trips

Matching dresses...oh yes

Hard to tell, but we're in our pigpen 

Loved dressing up & putting on skits

...did I mention we loved dressing up?

We have laughed so hard together...and smiled until it hurt

Endless adventures awaited us

We loved having our own tea parties & picnics

Hours & hours of homeschooling together

Always together, the inseparable two-some

We've grown up a lot

...but we're still wild & crazy

...and we still love each other
Happy 18th Birthday, Vanessa Elaine! Christ's love overflows from your beautiful life and I am blessed to be one of the many who have been touched by it. I love you and look forward to the many adventures we have yet to share together!


Love,
Kaitlin

1 comment:

Linda said...

Girls, girls, I absolutely ADORE your blog and your love for each other!! The pictures are to die for and how wonderfully you express your strong bond and loving relationship with each other. What a pleasure it is to witness this in person each time we see you. We love you and hope you both had the happiest of birthdays!!! May God richly bless you all of your days.
Linda